fantasy

Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting

This one was a bit crazy. Lots of characters, lots of scale, two dragons, etc.. And not a lot of time. Had to do a quick turnaround due to complications that I'm not privy to.

Thanks to Hal Mangold and Green Ronin Publishing for the opportunity.

The sketches were really rough. Thankfully Hal knew we were just getting things laid out and wasn't worried about it.

I've started to do my final drawings with those primitive tools called pencil & paper. I tend to enjoy it more, I take more care with the drawing, and it seems to yield better results for me.

Not to pull a "draw a circle, draw an owl", but there are plenty of step by step paintings out there. My method isn't much different. And I don't save all those steps. So we will jut go to the final.

A bit was added to the right and bottom for bleed. And I had to lose the horns in order to conform to D&D 5E dragons. (I really liked those horns)

Prints are available at my  inprnt store  

Prints are available at my inprnt store 

And the final cover with all the dressings. They adjusted the color, contrast etc.. a bit. 

Cones of Dunshire

If you are a fan of the "Parks and Recreation" tv show, you probably know what this is. When Mayfair games asked me to do these characters however, I had no idea what it was. So here is a small clip from the show to somewhat explain.

During his week off between jobs, Ben becomes obsessed with creating a new role-playing game called "The Cones of Dunshire."

I believe Mayfair Games originally designed the general idea of the game for the show. Apparently it was pretty popular so they decided to try to make an actual game.

Normally when I do these character designs they are just variations on the common role playing classes. Knight, Cleric, Wizard, etc.. So needless to say I had no idea what I was supposed to do with a "Brinksman" or "Arbiter". I was just given the name and a rather small picture of the miniatures they were going to use. Thankfully my AD gave me a good idea where to go once I asked.

They wanted to use the sketches on the kickstarter page, so I did a bit more detailed sketch than my usual chicken scratch sketches. Couldn't have everyone looking at those.

Then the finals.

Unfortunately the kickstarter wasn't funded. So I'm not sure these will get used for anything unless they try again.